Saturday, January 1, 2011

In Bed Today. Not Leaving Soon.

Two days ago it was almost 60 degrees outside. Today it is only 11. The nice thing about Iowa weather is that it's always changing, so these frigid temperatures are only temporary. With that said, today is a perfect day for me feel sick. 

We got our heat bill yesterday. Which means that as a reactionary move our house is about 40 degrees right now. While I haven't resorted to wearing gloves, every other part of me is covered with at least two layers and I have three blankets over my legs. I'm in the warmest room of our little trailer (the bedroom) which is DARK because of the four blankets I put over the curtains. 

I made myself a bottle of tea which is also functioning as a hot water bottle. That has lessened the soreness of my throat, but my inability to breathe properly through a stuffy nose and my constant sneezing means that I probably won't be leaving the house anytime soon. I have to mend, though, because tomorrow is our first anniversary and a little mini-vacation we're taking to Iowa City. :) I hope it's warmer there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment