Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Busy husband and back to work tomorrow

Aaron is such a hard worker! Yesterday he left the house at 8:30 AM and didn't return until 10:30 PM. While I am grateful to have such a hard-working husband, it is somewhat lonely to be home all day by myself. The great thing about yesterday was, I have a new car! It's such a blessing to be able to leave the house even when Aaron is away at work all day. For the past few months, I've had to kiss Aaron goodbye in the morning and then just sit at home until my husband gets home from work. I've been feeling a little like a suppressed 50's housewife. Anyways, I'm just so thankful for the life I get to lead here in our cozy little house... and even more so now that I am no longer imprisoned in it whenever Aaron is gone.

In other news, faculty meetings start tomorrow, which means it will be back to work for me! I'm so excited for school to start up again! Excited to get to meet my new batch of students, excited to do more research and class-planning this semester, and excited to hopefully reconnect with some friends I made last semester during our Spanish conversation time. Winter break, you've been great, but I'm ready for you to be gone!

Also, I'm in need of some great ideas for spring events. Part of my job is planning Hispanic-related events and I need some ideas for those. Last semester we had a 16 de Septiembre "Grito" party, an outreach event at the Day of the Dead celebration, and a Christmas party with a "Posadas" theme. My current ideas for this semester include: Dia del Amor y la Amistad party, something for Semana Santa, and, of course, a 5 de Mayo event. Let me know please any ideas you have for these or any other events, I need some inspiration! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment