Monday, July 18, 2011

Our friend Kirby


Recently we've become very well acquainted with our new friend the Kirby. Unfortunately it's not the Japanese video game character. Our Kirby is the new Kirby Sentria Vacuum, and the reason we've become well-acquainted is that we're training and getting started selling this fancy and high-quality vacuum. 


It's been an adventure to say the least. After a short week of training, we spent the entire weekend in Dallas visiting family and showing off the features of this vacuum to my brothers, grandparents, and a lot of their friends. It was exhausting! Now we're back in Waco to continue our training and observe a few sales before we start our new "careers" in this exciting sales opportunity. We're cautiously optimistic that this can be a good temporary option while Aaron continues looking for a good job. I'm along for the ride, to enjoy getting out of the house a little bit and to encourage Aaron and work alongside him. We've discovered that we make a great team, but the only problem is that together we can only make half as many sales presentations as if we worked independently of each other. We're still working out all the kinks in that area.

Meanwhile I have to shift my focus every night to my real work, and that is studying. I'm working on an abstract for the Duke University Romance Studies Graduate Conference in September and I'm starting to get myself organized and ready to start my reading list as soon as that calendar turns to August 1st. This next weekend, Sarah is coming for a visit and she and I are going on a road trip to visit Janet Case in Abilene! We're staying super-busy, as usual, and trusting God to provide for us each and every day. It's fun to see his hand leading us in unexpected ways, like bringing us to Kirby Vacuums and our new best friend, the Kirby Sentria!

No comments:

Post a Comment