Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sarah's Wonderful Whirlwind Visit

This last week has been a whirlwind! On Monday afternoon Sarah arrived from Wheaton for a wonderful visit for a few short days. We hadn't seen each other since Aaron and I got back from our honeymoon over a year ago, so clearly we were excited to get to spend some time together!

On Tuesday I took her to visit Grandma and Grandpa Woodard. It was special for her to visit with them and to play their beautiful piano for us all:
We also spent a good part of Tuesday shopping for gifts for Sarah to take back to her friends in Sololá and for some only-in-America items she needed. We were happy to find everything on her list!

Wednesday, Sarah spent the day visiting my classes at Drake and sharing with them about her life in Guatemala. 
Here she is with Eduardo and some of my students:

Then Wednesday evening I took her with me to AWANA where she spoke to our entire club about her ministry and her life in Guatemala. She spoke an amazing 8 times on Wednesday! What a trooper!

Even though I was sad to see her leave Thursday morning, I was glad to get some rest since I've somehow caught a horrendous cold! Yesterday I called in sick from work to go to the doctor, and even today I don't feel quite myself. Anyways, it was a wonderful week, I'll miss my Sary-Sue, (especially those amazing back rubs) but I'm so glad we get to see each other in less than three months at Lauren's wedding, and I know we're all excited to meet little Baby Bump when we're together next! 

In the meantime, Aaron and I have to gear up for the next thing, which is a trip to Wheaton next weekend! After that it will be time to pack and put the house up for sale since there will be only a little over a month before we move! Then come the Drake relays, graduation parties, and the move! Praise God for a busy spring, and please be praying for a job for Aaron in Waco. It would give us so much more peace about the move if we had that nailed down before we go. Also, pray for a quick and painless sale of our trailer here. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy y'all got to be together! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much where u wanting for your trailer? and, I need your email so I can send you those pics....oh nm i'll just txt u lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be here this weekend?! Yay! Can I see you? :)

    P.S. Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete