Sunday, April 11, 2010

NACFLA Conference 2010

This Thursday I went to Anderson, Indiana with two other students and three profs from Wheaton to attend the annual North American Christian Foreign Language Association Conference. Us students presented a panel on Cien Anos de Soledad by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Our presentation on Friday went really well and, since I was so nervous all morning, it was nice to be done and be able to sit back and enjoy the rest of the conference. 


Aside from being a great academic experience, this conference was for me like a spiritual retreat. The times of corporate worship in many languages and the academic conversation of the conference was really illuminating for me, helping me better see God's hand in my life this past year. I am feeling more and more that God is leading me to go to grad school, and this weekend confirmed that. I love to worship God with my mind and I have really seen Him leading me to trust and follow him through my unemployment. I don't totally understand how he will work this all out money-wise and with Aaron's work, but I am confident that He has a plan for us and I am now exploring Grad school as part of that plan.  

Here are a few more pictures of our time. Dr. Townsend and Dr. Roop, Amy Betts, Daniel Jensen and I mostly hung out together and we had a great time teasing and conversing together. 

Dinner the night before our presentation

Our Conference theme - Hospitality to the Stranger

The plenary speaker - Father Daniel G. Groody
He gave an amazing presentation 
on the theology of migration -
absolutely wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment