Friday, September 30, 2011

Blessed


  • Blessed by Rachael Lampa
  • writers: Cindy Morgan, Ginny Owens
I may never climb a mountain
So I can see the world from there
I may never ride the waves
And taste the salty ocean air
Or build a bridge
That would last a hundred years
But no matter where the road leads
One thing is always clear

I am blessed, I am blessed
From when I rise up in the morning
Till I lay my head to rest, I feel You near me
You soothe me when I'm weary
Oh, Lord, for all the worst and all the best
I am blessed

You've given me joy, You've given me love
You give me strength when I want to give up
You came from Heaven to rescue my soul
This is the reason I know
I am blessed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the spring I blogged the lyrics to a song called "Blessings" by Laura Story. While the title of these two songs are very similar, the message is quite different. "Blessings" asks, "What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?" While "Blessed" acknowledges, "Oh, Lord, for all the worst and all the best, I am blessed". This is how I feel right now. So blessed. The trials aren't over now, but in the trials, I see so much blessing and so much joy. I am so undeserving of the showers of love that God has poured on me over these last few months. All I can be is thankful...

No comments:

Post a Comment