Monday, May 23, 2011

Two weeks from right now we'll be on the road

You may all think we're crazy, but it looks like we're actually going to do this! The house is slowly but surely getting packed away and I'm hoping that this will be the week we sell the house so that will be taken care of. In the meantime, Aaron is trying to get in contact with the owner of all the McDonald's' in Waco, so that hopefully he can have a job by the time we leave here.

Today was supposed to be my last day of work, but I talked my boss into letting me work four more days next week, just to give us a little more padding as far the funds for this adventure go. I'm exhausted, but looking forward to the week off before we leave, in which I plan to finish packing, sell the house, possibly trade my car, and make all the little last-minute arrangements that need to happen in order to move, such as cancelling services, changing addresses at banks, schools, and subscriptions, turning in uniforms and library materials, getting my hair cut, giving away and/or selling and/or throwing away anything we're not going to take... the list goes on.

Also, we're trying to make the most of every last minute we have here by going to all the graduation parties, goodbye parties, church events, family get-togethers, camping trips, etc. In a lot of ways, it will be quite a relief when we pull away from Des Moines on the sixth. I'm so thankful for all of Aaron's help and encouragement. Even after a long day of work, he manages to put on a smile in this disaster of a house that we live in and do little things like take out the trash and stack the boxes once they are full. Keep praying for strength for me, and for emotional stability as I try to deal with all this change... as we all know that can be really hard for me! For Aaron, pray for peace. He's a little nervous about the job thing and anxious about the move. It's scary to go somewhere you've never been before so far away from anywhere you've lived up 'til now. Anyways, that's what's up with us! I'll keep you updated more once we actually make the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment